Women Building Futures Suncor Energy Training Centre
10326 107 Street, Edmonton, AB
WBF holds computer-based, facilitated on-line information sessions (also called “webinars”) that are transmitted over the web. WBF uses Citrix GoToWebinar on-line tool to host webinars. Webinars will be available as per the dates listed above. You will need a computer with speakers, access to the Internet and your webinar log-in instructions to attend.
Please note that upon signing up, you will receive an email from WBF within 24 hours confirming your sign up. Following that WBF will send you the GoToWebinar site registration instructions around 10:00 am the day of the webinar. Then you will receive a third email with the webinar log-in instructions so you can join the webinar (i.e. direct link to the webinar, webinar ID).
In advance of the webinar, please ensure that:
- You have access to a computer with speakers (required). It is essential that you have access to speakers in order to hear the presenters. A chat application will be made available to all attendees during the webinar.
- Citrix and Java software are installed on your computer, as these software are required to run GoToWebinar.
- Your computer has the minimum requirements (browser).
How do I join a webinar?
Joining a webinar is easy. When you receive a webinar email invitation, click the registration link and register for the webinar. You can then join the webinar at the scheduled time one of three ways:
- Click the link in your confirmation or reminder emails, which will be automatically sent to you after registering and leading up to the webinar.
- Go to www.joinwebinar.com. Type or paste in the webinar ID provided by the organizer in the webinar invitation email, enter your email address, click Yes or Always (or Trust on a Mac) if prompted to accept the download and, if required, enter the webinar password provided by the organizer.
- Click the Join a Webinar button from www.gotowebinar.com. Type or paste in the webinar ID provided by the organizer in the webinar invitation email, enter your email address, click Yes or Always (or Trust on a Mac) if prompted to accept the download and, if required, enter the webinar password provided by the organizer.
Do I need a GoToWebinar account to attend a webinar?
No, you do not need a GoToWebinar account to attend a GoToWebinar session. You attend as a guest of the webinar organizer, and there is no obligation to buy or sign up for a free trial. To join a webinar, click the link in the confirmation or reminder emails or go to www.joinwebinar.com and enter the webinar ID found in the invitation email.
What are the system requirements for attending a webinar?
On a PC
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)
Participants will need a fast Internet connection and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)
On a Mac
- Mac OS X 10.6 – Snow Leopard or newer
- Intel processor (1GB of RAM or better recommended)
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
Participants will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended).
On an iPad, iPhone or Android device
Can I view presentations in full-screen format?
Yes. On the top of the Attendee Control Panel, click the View Menu button and select the Full Screen option. Or, on the Attendee Grab Tab on the side of the Control Panel you can click the View button to toggle between Full Screen and Window viewing.