WBF Program Overview
Change your life by pursuing a rewarding career in the construction, mining and oil and gas industries. We offer two streams of programs, 12 to 17-week programs and 3 to 6-week programs.
Click on your program to see the description and download the application form.
Once complete, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying for funding for your Tuition and Living Expenses you will need to come to an Information Session and a Career Decision Making Workshop.
Applicants who are applying to our programs and have English as a second language will need to meet the ESL requirements laid out in the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placements Test. To qualify, you will need to attain a level of 6. You can view the requirements here.
Please Note: Acceptable file formats are PDF or WORD files emailed as attachments to email@example.com. We also accept faxed documents at 780-452-1279, or by mail or delivery at 10326 107 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1K2. All other formats and online links will be disqualified. Thank you for your cooperation.
Do you have questions about our programs, application or funding? Click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Journeywoman Start (JWS)
Spots are limited so please apply early. Allow 6 to 8 weeks prior to your desired start date to allow for your Assessment and Funding application to be completed.
- JWS 73:November 28, 2016 - March 31, 2017
Apply before: August 26, 2016
- Electrical Basics
- October 21, 2016 - November 18, 2016
Apply before: July 29, 2016
- Welding Basics
- Check back soon, new dates TBA
- KBR Wabi Construction Basics Program -
- September 7 - October 7, 2016
Apply before: July 15, 2016
- Ironworker Readiness Program - NEW FOR 2016!
- September 6 - September 30, 2016
Apply before: July 11, 2016
- Carpenter/Scaffolder Readiness Program - NEW FOR 2016!
- November 3 - December 23, 2016
Apply before: August 5, 2016
- Sheet Metal, HVAC and Refrigeration Basics Program - NEW FOR 2016!
Driver/Operator Training Programs
Upcoming WBF Courses
- Career Basics - 1 day
- July 27, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- September 14, 2016
- September 28, 2016
- Application Solutions - by appointment
Please call and schedule an appointment with one of our Aboriginal Advisors.
Office: 780-452-1200 Toll Free: 1-866-452-1201
- Math Boot Camp - 40 hours over 2 weeks
- July 29 - August 12, 2016
- September 30 - October 21, 2016
- WBF Workplace Culture - 1-day workshops
- WPC – Best Practices for Building a Career in Construction
- September 19, 2016
- November 23, 2016
- WPC – Best Practices for Maintaining a Career in Construction
- September 21, 2016
- December 15, 2016
- Math Refresher - 1 day
- Academic Readiness - 4 weeks
- August 29 - September 30, 2016
- November 7 - December 2, 2016