Journeywoman START (17 weeks)
JWS 76: Sept. 26, 2017 - Jan. 26, 2018
Application Deadline: June 26, 2017
The Journeywoman START program is an approved Integrated Training Program with the Province of Alberta. The program is designed to help women prepare for and succeed in construction, and oil and gas jobs. You will write the Level B Trade Entrance Exam (formerly Level 5 Trade Entrance Exam) while in the program.
Please Note: Acceptable file formats are PDF or WORD files emailed as attachments to email@example.com. We also accept faxed documents at 780-452-1279, or by mail or delivery at 10326 107 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 1K2. All other formats and online links will be disqualified. Thank you for your cooperation.
To apply to the program, fill out our NEW application forms :
If you are applying for funding for your tuition and living expenses you must attend an Information Session and Career Decision Making Workshop.
The program includes:
- 2 weeks of Worksite Safety Certification: Standard First Aid & CPR (Level One); Scaffold Awareness; Fall Protection; CSTS & WHMIS; H2S Alive; Confined Space; Elevated Work Platform Certification
- 8 weeks of Hands-on Skill Training – Basic Tools, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Steamfitting/Pipefitting, Welding, Sheet Metal, Drawing and Blueprint Reading, Rigging Fundamentals
- 2 weeks Workplace Culture Awareness©
- 4 weeks academics (trades Math, Science and English).
- 2 weeks of Industry Exposure
Plus, Earned Employment Referrals, Job Search Training and Job Retention Support.
The WBF Workplace Culture Awareness© module is designed specifically to help women understand the expectations of the construction workplace and prepare women for that environment.
If you have questions or need help filling out the forms, a WBF Student Recruitment Advisor can help you:
Phone: 780-452-1200 or Toll free 1-866-452-1201