WBF/Suncor Fort Hills Heavy Equipment Operator Program
Program Start: November 6, 2017
Application Deadline: August 16, 2017
Is a career as a heavy equipment operator in your future?
Apply today for the WBF Suncor Fort Hills HEO Program. Successful grads will be considered for hire for camp-based positions at Suncor's Fort Hills mining project.
Earn while you learn with this fully-paid training opportunity!
*This opportunity is camp-based. Applicants are required to live within 150km of the travel hubs: Edmonton, Calgary, and Ft. McMurray.
The program includes:
- Safety certification
- Workplace Culture Awareness
- Hands-on skills training
- Free tuition
- Paid Suncor Co-op training
- Job search and job retention support
Applicants must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence without restrictions (no GDL) or other provincial equivalent
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Criminal record check
- Strong employment history and work references
- Ability and willingness to work a rotating shift schedule – 12-hour shifts,
7 days/7 off - 7 nights/ 7 off
- Willing and able to go through pre-employment testing which includes drug and alcohol testing
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Mechanical aptitude
- Highly motivated, positive attitude
WBF Suncor Heavy Equipment Operator Program Online Screening
Please answer the questions below to determine your eligibility for this program and access the application forms.
Click here to view our Resource and Referral guide!
Please note: We respect your privacy and are not collecting personal information from this form. Because you are filling out this form anonymously we are unable to give you feedback on any answers to these questions.
Suncor - Can We Help Sustain Our Quality of Life and Build Our Future?
See what yes can do! This video by Suncor features an interview with our Heavy Equipment Operator graduate, Lori Haggerty, who is a great example of what’s possible for any woman who’s serious about pursuing a career in non-traditional trades. Lori works for Suncor as a heavy equipment operator.